I’m committed to representing you.
Despite any challenges, we can push forward. With creative policy objectives and a cooperative approach, our government can be a trusted, reliable, and reasonable one that works for every resident.
Though a website can’t encompass all my policy ideas and positions, I hope to show you where I’m coming from—and become your City Councilmember in 2020.
What I Stand For
Growing up in a family of small business owners, I learned the burdens, complexities, and successes that entrepreneurs in the U.S. can experience. Besides working as a lawyer, I co-founded and co-own a small business, BarMD.
Since high school, I’ve taken the helm in various organizations. From co-founding my high school’s first LGBT organization to founding the Employment & Labor Law Society at University of San Diego’s School of Law, I find opportunities to create positive change and help lead innovation.
My experience as a lawyer highlights my commitment to representing others. I focus on helping employees and other vulnerable community members, such as people with disabilities.
Most recently, I’ve been working with UCSD to help develop their pre-law program, have guest-coached students on writing and oral advocacy, and have guest-lectured at the University of San Diego School of Law’s employment law clinic.
- Represented workers who were required to work week-long shifts, working all through every night and day, and were never paid overtime or given proper meal and rest breaks
- Currently representing a female teenager with disabilities. She has suffered severe physical injuries while in the school’s hands. She is non-verbal with cerebral palsy. Eventually suffered broken leg while in the school’s care. The school district refused to take action—and attempted to cover it up.
- Represented a small cosmetics company in consumer class action, fighting off spurious allegations of false advertising.
- Represented a widow who was denied the claim on her husband’s life insurance claim after he died, leading to her suffering severe financial problems.
- Represented American Legion Auxiliary (which serves veterans) pro bono, in a claim made by a former employee who was terminated for severe misconduct.
- Co-founder of Student Alliance for Equality (“SAFE”), high school’s first LGBT organization
- Co-founder of Auraria Pre-law Society, three-college pre-law group dedicated to helping students learn about the practice of law, network with lawyers
- Founder of Employment & Labor Law Society at University of San Diego School of Law; that led to the addition of an employment law concentration at the school, attracted new faculty, and additional employment law clinic. Now, the employment law program is one of the top ten in the country
- Co-Founder of BarMD, bar exam prep company that helps struggling students make the final leap required to achieve their dreams of becoming an attorney
Education + Volunteering
- Magna Cum Laude, Order of the Coif, University of San Diego School of Law
- During high school, worked with children who were born to drug-addicted mothers and placed in foster care.
- Volunteer lecturer at local colleges and law schools in the areas of employment law, legal writing, advocacy, and legal analysis.